Growing tips for Brinjal Egg Plant
1. Plant your Brinjal Egg Plant seeds in a sunny location in well-drained soil. The soil should be rich and fertile with a pH between 6.0 and 6.5.
2. Sow the brinjal egg plant seeds indoors about 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost date in your area. Plant the seeds 1/4 inch deep in seed-starting trays filled with a light and airy soil-less seed-starting mix.
3. Water the soil evenly, keeping it moist but not soggy. Place the trays in a warm, sunny location and cover with plastic wrap to help retain moisture.
4. When seedlings emerge, remove the plastic wrap and move the trays to a warm, sunny location. Seedlings will need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day.
5. Thin the seedlings to 18 to 24 inches apart when they are 4 to 6 inches tall.
6. Fertilize the plants every 2 to 3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer.
7. Water regularly to keep the soil moist. Do not allow the soil to dry out completely as this could damage the plants.
8. Mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and keep weeds down.
9. Harvest the eggplants when they are 8 to 10 inches long and still glossy.