Growing tips for Drumstick
1. Start Drumstick seeds (Shevga) indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost in your area.
2. Plant the seeds in a flat filled with moist, well-draining potting soil.
3. Place the flat in an area that receives full sun.
4. Keep the soil moist but not soggy.
5. When the seedlings have developed two sets of true leaves, transplant them into individual pots or outdoors.
6. Plant the Drumstick seedlings outdoors once all danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed to at least 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Space the seedlings 3 to 4 feet apart in rows that are 6 to 8 feet apart.
8. Water the seedlings deeply once a week.
9. Mulch around the plants to help retain soil moisture.
10. Feed the Drumstick plants with a balanced 10-10-10 fertilizer every six weeks.