Growing tips for Lettuce Iceberg
1. Plant iceberg lettuce seeds in a sunny spot in the garden that gets at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight a day.
2. Sow the seeds 1/4 inch deep in rows that are 12 inches apart, and thin the seedlings to about 8-10 inches apart when they are about 3-4 inches tall.
3. Keep the soil moist, but not soggy, by watering deeply and regularly.
4. Feed the lettuce plants with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks.
5. Mulch around the plants to help conserve moisture and keep the soil cool.
6. Harvest the lettuce heads when they reach a desirable size, usually when they are about 6-8 inches in diameter.