Growing tips for Marigold African
1. Plant marigold African seeds in a sunny location with well-draining soil.
2. Soak the seeds overnight prior to planting to encourage germination.
3. Plant the seeds 1/4 inch deep in the soil and keep the soil moist.
4. Thin the seedlings out once they reach a height of 4 inches.
5. Water the plants deeply but infrequently, allowing the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
6. Fertilize the plants with a balanced fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
7. Deadhead the flowers as they begin to fade to encourage additional blooms.
8. Protect the plants from frost by covering them if temperatures dip below 40 degrees F.