Growing tips for Musk Melon
1. Plant musk melon seeds in full sun, in a site that offers well-drained soil.
2. Space plants at least 5 feet apart and add plenty of compost to the soil before planting.
3. Water regularly, particularly during hot, dry periods, to keep the soil moist.
4. Apply a balanced fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, at the rate of 1 pound per 100 square feet of garden area.
5. Place a thick layer of mulch around the plants to help maintain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
6. Support melons as they ripen to prevent damage to the fruit.
7. Harvest melons when they are ripe and the skin color has changed from green to a yellowish hue.