Growing tips for White Onion
1. Plant white onion seeds in a sunny spot in the garden. Soil should be well-draining and amended with compost for best results.
2. Plant seeds in rows about 6 inches apart and 1/4 inch deep. Cover lightly with soil.
3. Water the seeds regularly and keep the soil evenly moist.
4. Thin out seedlings when they are about 2 inches tall, leaving 4 inches between plants.
5. Fertilize the soil with a balanced fertilizer when the plants are a few inches tall.
6. Mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and prevent weeds.
7. Harvest the onions when they reach full size and the tops begin to die back. Pull them up gently and allow them to dry in the sun.