Growing tips for Ridge Gourd
1. Ridge gourd is a warm-weather crop that requires full sun, well-drained soil, and plenty of water.
2. Plant ridge gourd in a sunny spot with soil that has been amended with organic matter.
3. Plant the gourd seeds 1 inch deep in rows 2-3 feet apart.
4. Water the gourd plants regularly, keeping the soil moist but not soggy.
5. Apply a layer of mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and suppress weeds.
6. Fertilize the plants with a balanced fertilizer once or twice a season.
7. Harvest ridge gourd when they are 8-12 inches long and before they turn yellow. Cut the gourds off the vine with a sharp knife.