Growing tips for Snake Gourd
1. Plant snake gourd seeds directly in the ground in late spring, once the soil has warmed up and there is no danger of frost.
2. Choose a sunny spot with well-draining soil and work in some compost or aged manure to improve fertility.
3. Space the seeds 8 to 10 inches apart, burying them 1 to 2 inches deep.
4. Water regularly and deeply to keep the soil moist but not soggy.
5. Provide support for the vines as they grow, such as a trellis or a fence.
6. Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer every couple of weeks to encourage healthy growth.
7. Harvest snake gourds when they are 8 to 12 inches long and still green.
8. Remove any diseased or damaged fruit from the plant.