Growing tips for Sweet Corn (Maka)
1. Plant sweet corn seeds in the warmest part of your garden, away from low-lying areas that are prone to frost.
2. Plant seeds 1 inch deep and 4 inches apart in rows.
3. Water sweet corn plants regularly, about 1-2 inches per week.
4. Fertilize your sweet corn plants twice during the season, once when the plants are 8 inches tall and again when the tassels appear.
5. Control weeds around your sweet corn plants, as weeds will compete with corn for nutrients and water.
6. Harvest sweet corn when the kernels are full and the husks are green and dry.